Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Traveling
Malchior
 Posted: May 30 2015, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Opheliac

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 22

Thought it would interesting to talk about traveling. What countries/states/cities have you been to? Which ones would you like to, or are even planning to visit? Which places are your favourite?

The countries I've been to are the UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Greece, Poland, Lithuania, Russia and Azerbaijan.

Currently I'm living in the UK, but once I finish up with university I'm hoping to go to either Japan or Norway, maybe just spend a year there and see how it goes.
Otherwise, I really loved living in Cambridge for a year, and if I don't end up leaving the country I'll be moving back there.

What about you?

--------------------
PM
^
Cow Jazz
 Posted: May 30 2015, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 20

The only non-US country i've been to is Canada and that's because it's right above Minnesota. Otherwise, I've only ever traveled in-country.

I can't think of any countries I feel a pressing need to visit, anyway. At one point I wanted to visit Japan, but honestly, it's so crowded and loud I'd be downright miserable.

(That, and with my anxiety, just going to another state alone is probably going to give me a heart attack, let alone another country.)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Letagi
 Posted: May 30 2015, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

Three years ago I went to Cuba for a week with my high school's senior band. It was a fantastic experience and I would recommend it to anyone. It's an interesting place - the culture is amazing, especially if you're into music. Socially it's pretty unique too. Because of the communist system, everyone is poor there but incredibly friendly and welcoming. There's also very little crime - after all, anyone who breaks the law or messes with tourists there risks never being seen again.

I also went to Germany a couple of times with my family to visit relatives when I was young but haven't been in 13 years. I'd love to do the UK and the rest of Western Europe someday.

-L

--------------------
Signature under construction indefinitely.
PM
^
Takal
 Posted: May 30 2015, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Space Conquistador

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Pacman Champion!

England, New York, New Jersey, France, Austria and every country in between.

I live in Scotland, for the record.

--------------------
Mark my words, one day I will have a sig.
PM
^
farmstink buttlass
 Posted: May 30 2015, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16

I was born and raised in Mexico. Then we moved to the United States when I was like 11.

Those are the only countries I've ever been to. Woo?

I haven't done much traveling otherwise either, honestly. When I was younger we took a couple of vacations in central Mexico, Guanajuato and Jalisco I think. (I'm from Baja California). California is the only state in the U.S. I've ever been in. I dunno.

I guess I would like to do more traveling, but I'm really not sure where. i'd like to go to France or Japan sometime, I suppose. I at least have some knowledge of the language there...
PM
^
Xinlo
 Posted: May 30 2015, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

The Guy in Charge of the Stuff

Member No.: 2

Moon Lander Champion!

Well I've done a fair share of travelling, but usually just within Canada. I do go down to the US fairly often, having visited... 13 of the united states and most of Canada aside from the territories. I have been to Mexico but it was a short two-hour stop on a cruise and I didn't get off the boat so I'm not sure that counts lol.

Places I plan to visit are pretty much all in Europe. I want to visit England, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Finland... basically see the places my favourite music spawned from and hopefully open a studio in whichever country I like best. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
fishers64
 Posted: May 30 2015, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 13

I've traveled through much of the Continental U.S., and lived in a lot of places within it, but that's about it.

I've never been to New York, D.C. or anywhere East Coast, so I'd like to visit there sometime. Definitely would not like to live there though - much prefer the relaxed atmosphere of the West.
PM
^
Serein
 Posted: May 30 2015, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

dirty catgirl

Member No.: 3

never been outside of the US unfortunately. I live in Redneck, USA West Virginia (which is an utter hellhole and I want out of it), albeit right on the order to Ohio - like, Ohio is literally a five minute drive from my house.

I've been to Texas, South Dakota, Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, and probably a couple others I've forgotten on vacations and family trips, but that was mostly when I was a lot younger so I don't remember much. I do remember most of the western states being insufferably warm and dusty, though.

most recent trip I've taken was a couple years ago when I traveled by plane to Chantilly, Virginia for Brickfair. that was actually great. even for a fairly large city, the air there was so much better than what I'm used to here.. the whole atmosphere was a lot better. less rednecks and I can't recall seeing a single confederate flag which is refreshing.

I've considered moving to Virginia eventually, probably to somewhere close to where Brickfair is held so I can attend every year and meet up with friends. I'm not the biggest fan of the United States in general so I've also mused over the idea of moving to another country, like Canada or Portugal or somewhere is Scandinavia. that'll probably never happen, though.

--------------------
[ signature is a work-in-progress ]
PMUsers Website
^
Dorek
 Posted: May 30 2015, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 19

My dad's in the travel industry, so we're all pretty seasoned travelers. Been to France, Ireland, China, England, Spain, Australia, Japan, Mexico, etc. I'd like to go somewhere in South America next, I think. Maybe Iceland, who knows.

America remains more unexplored, but I've hit up all the major things: LA, New York, Austin, etc. I live in Seattle.
PM
^
Steph
 Posted: May 30 2015, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

something you think describes me

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (Hellscythe @ May 30 2015, 07:23 PM)
I've considered moving to Virginia eventually, probably to somewhere close to where Brickfair is held so I can attend every year and meet up with friends. .

Yessssss move out here to the DC area it's the best place on earth. BORN AND RAISED.

I grew up poor so I never traveled outside the US except for one time after I reached adulthood and saved up a long time and visited friends in Vancouver.

But the only places I really like in the world are the DC area and the New York area anyway so it's all good. I split my time about 60/40 between them.

I would like to go to Ireland someday though. See the ancestral homestead and all that.

--------------------
I wasn't born so much as I fell out
PMUsers Website
^
Heat
 Posted: May 31 2015, 03:51 AM
Quote Post

just an irrationality

Member No.: 4

well, I live in continental Europe, so given enough time, petrol, and willpower you can drive anywhere http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

apart from Poland, where I was born, I've been to Ireland (used to live there http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif), Belgium (living there now), England, France, Spain, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, San Marino, and Monaco.

--------------------
QUOTE (Steph @ Jun 29 2015, 03:48 AM)
I ####### hate U2, specifically the Edge.  ####-munching loser has the gall to rig his guitar up to so many delay/echo effects pedals that he strums a chord once and it just keeps repeating, and then tries to say that he's "filling in the notes that aren't there."  You know how you fill in the notes that aren't there, asswipe?  YOU hugginG LEARN TO PLAY YOUR DAMN INSTRUMENT AND YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THEM.  #### you, you goddamn puss-guzzling poseur; #### your piss-poor musicianship and your denigration of an art form.  Get ######, the Edge. 

Also you have the douchiest stage name in all of recorded history, you choadely wanker.

Dorek -- I for one welcome our new Heat overlord

[2014-09-22 18: 17:53] The Influence: Would it  sound '50s to say I suspect my mother is a communist?

[2014-01-11 23:58:08] Nif: *tips fedora but the fedora keeps tipping, sending my whole body into a spin that is ever increasing in velocity, eventually I fly off into space never to be seen or heard from again*
PMUsers Website
^
Lyichir
 Posted: May 31 2015, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 29

Most of the traveling I've done in my life has been up and down the East Coast of the United States. Apart from semi-frequent trips to summer camp in West Virginia, I've only been farther west once—when my family was invited to a wedding in San Francisco. I have been out of the country a few times, though—a trip to Rome when I was 15, a study abroad course in England, Scotland, and Wales at my first college, and just this past month a trip to Billund, Denmark for the Lego Inside Tour.

I've been to four Legoland parks in my lifetime (both of the U.S. ones as well as Windsor and Billund). But I doubt I'll ever visit them all. They just keep adding more. >_<
PM
^
Silent Shills
 Posted: May 31 2015, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Agent of FUNPOST

Member No.: 10

Asteroids Champion!
Breakout Champion!

I've pretty much traveled through most of the southeast and southwest states. The farthest north I've been is Pennsylvania. I was born in California and traveled through NM and AZ to get to Tehas. I did visit Hawaii twice due to my dad being in the navy. I have however lived in Japan. Lived in a little place called Atsugi, man good times. Sadly I was like 4 when I lived there and only stayed for six months. What I wouldn't give to go back there though.
PMUsers Website
^
ZippyWharrgarbl
 Posted: Jul 2 2015, 05:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Memer

Member No.: 41

My family's been all over the place here in Australia.

Oh! And I've been to New Zealand. It's awesome there, there's a lot of scenery to take in, and the culture is really cool to learn about.
PM
^
skeletons
 Posted: Jul 7 2015, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 32

i have literally never been outside of California. i've been to all the tourist-y areas here (Tahoe, San Diego, SF, Yosemite, etc etc) minus LA, & i live like fifteen minutes away from Sacramento.

i like the Bay Area in general, & i'd ideally move there eventually, since artists tend to go through there & skip Sacramento. it also hits >100 degrees in the summer here & it's really uncomfortable to go out & do simple errands. (my allergies also kick up here, so i'd prefer to live somewhere where i don't have to deal w/ that anymore)

not super interested in travelling much right now (dealing w/ school + i just don't have the money to invest in going anywhere that's not w/in a couple hours from here), but it's certainly something i'd like to do eventually.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

duoTEK skinned by Nephos of the ZBSZ. Converted to Jcink by Meraceire