Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Mask of Destiny 

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What do you all think of the Vahi in G2?, Easter Egg, animation decoration, hint?
fishers64
 Posted: May 23 2015, 11:31 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 13

Most of you all have seen the hidden Vahi masks that appear in the nine new animations for Bionicle G2. Do you think that they are just an Easter Egg, or something more to it than that?

Go!
PM
^
Letagi
 Posted: May 24 2015, 01:33 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

I think that all the allusions to the original Vahi being only "half a mask" indicate that we'll be seeing it in the story at some point. The appearances in the animations are probably just Easter eggs though, a fun inside joke for those in the know.

-L

--------------------
Signature under construction indefinitely.
PM
^
Serein
 Posted: May 24 2015, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

dirty catgirl

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I'm of the opinion that G1 and G2 won't be related in any way, so I personally think it's probably just a nice little easter egg for the G1 fans.

that said, I mean, we have no way of knowing what they have planned or what they might decide to do in the future, so maybe something more will come of it. we'll see.

--------------------
[ signature is a work-in-progress ]
PMUsers Website
^
Takal
 Posted: May 24 2015, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Space Conquistador

Member No.: 5

Pacman Champion!

Maybe Vezon will suddenly and for no clear reason appear through a dimensional gate to spew the words of Farshtey, but perhaps such thoughts are best left in the realm of nightmares.

Honestly I could see the Vahi coming back. I don't think that's a huge deviation from the new theme.

--------------------
Mark my words, one day I will have a sig.
PM
^
Cow Jazz
 Posted: May 24 2015, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 20

Judging by some things that may or may not have been said at NYCC, I'm pretty sure the Vahi will be making some kind of reappearance in G2.

I definitely don't think that means the two lines will be connected, though.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Xinlo
 Posted: May 24 2015, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

The Guy in Charge of the Stuff

Member No.: 2

Moon Lander Champion!

I'm of the opinion that if it were an easter egg, it would have appeared once as a neat little nugget for the watchful eye. But seeing as it's been in most of the promotional material and videos, it seems more like a hint than an easter egg.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Heat
 Posted: May 24 2015, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

just an irrationality

Member No.: 4

I guess I can see the Vahi showing up in some form, maybe as an artifact the Toa have to find or something like that, but I doubt they'd be stupid enough to use that to connect the two lines and drag in the... less desirable bits of G1.

QUOTE (Takal @ May 24 2015, 08:02 PM)
Maybe Vezon will suddenly and for no clear reason appear through a dimensional gate to spew the words of Farshtey, but perhaps such thoughts are best left in the realm of nightmares.

I can see no problem with this

--------------------
QUOTE (Steph @ Jun 29 2015, 03:48 AM)
I ####### hate U2, specifically the Edge.  ####-munching loser has the gall to rig his guitar up to so many delay/echo effects pedals that he strums a chord once and it just keeps repeating, and then tries to say that he's "filling in the notes that aren't there."  You know how you fill in the notes that aren't there, asswipe?  YOU hugginG LEARN TO PLAY YOUR DAMN INSTRUMENT AND YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THEM.  #### you, you goddamn puss-guzzling poseur; #### your piss-poor musicianship and your denigration of an art form.  Get ######, the Edge. 

Also you have the douchiest stage name in all of recorded history, you choadely wanker.

Dorek -- I for one welcome our new Heat overlord

[2014-09-22 18: 17:53] The Influence: Would it  sound '50s to say I suspect my mother is a communist?

[2014-01-11 23:58:08] Nif: *tips fedora but the fedora keeps tipping, sending my whole body into a spin that is ever increasing in velocity, eventually I fly off into space never to be seen or heard from again*
PMUsers Website
^
Dorek
 Posted: May 24 2015, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 19

We'll get A mask of time, but not a Vahi. Since it'll be a full face mask I'm wondering what it'll look like.
PM
^
fishers64
 Posted: May 24 2015, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Cow Jazz @ May 24 2015, 11:06 AM)
Judging by some things that may or may not have been said at NYCC, I'm pretty sure the Vahi will be making some kind of reappearance in G2.

I definitely don't think that means the two lines will be connected, though.

I'm not advocating a connection. But I think it could be a hint internal to G2 story.

Or it could be just an allusion to how long Bionicle has lasted and how much time has passed since the original story happened. Like the Bionicle story is timeless. :shrugs:
PM
^
Heat
 Posted: May 25 2015, 05:49 AM
Quote Post

just an irrationality

QUOTE (fishers64 @ May 25 2015, 04:18 AM)
Or it could be just an allusion to how long Bionicle has lasted and how much time has passed since the original story happened. Like the Bionicle story is timeless. :shrugs:

Or to how Greg would probably have kept beating the dead horse of G1 forever and ever if he could have. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

--------------------
I ####### hate U2, specifically the Edge.  ####-munching loser has the gall to rig his guitar up to so many delay/echo effects pedals that he strums a chord once and it just keeps repeating, and then tries to say that he's "filling in the notes that aren't there."  You know how you fill in the notes that aren't there, asswipe?  YOU hugginG LEARN TO PLAY YOUR DAMN INSTRUMENT AND YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THEM.  #### you, you goddamn puss-guzzling poseur; #### your piss-poor musicianship and your denigration of an art form.  Get ######, the Edge. 

Also you have the douchiest stage name in all of recorded history, you choadely wanker.

[2014-09-22 18: 17:53] The Influence: Would it  sound '50s to say I suspect my mother is a communist?

[2014-01-11 23:58:08] Nif: *tips fedora but the fedora keeps tipping, sending my whole body into a spin that is ever increasing in velocity, eventually I fly off into space never to be seen or heard from again*
PMUsers Website
^
fishers64
 Posted: May 25 2015, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Heat @ May 25 2015, 02:49 AM)
QUOTE (fishers64 @ May 25 2015, 04:18 AM)

Or to how Greg would probably have kept beating the dead horse of G1 forever and ever if he could have. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Nah, I think if a random picture of a horse appeared in all of the episodes, that would serve the purpose better.
PM
^
Heat
 Posted: May 25 2015, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

just an irrationality

A random picture of a horse would have made for better fiction than The Powers That Be.

But I digress. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

--------------------

PMUsers Website
^
fishers64
 Posted: May 25 2015, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Heat @ May 25 2015, 09:59 AM)
A random picture of a horse would have made for better fiction than The Powers That Be.

But I digress. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

user posted image
PM
^
Kitania
 Posted: May 25 2015, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

The Best Princess

Member No.: 26

I mean, we could see more? Like it might actually become a plot device, what with the temple of time thingy they're doing, but at the same time I think -- for now -- it's safe to just say they're allusions to the old series.

A lot of my "oh it's probably an allusion" is more me kinda hoping they don't try to build an interdimensional bridge between the two stories and make both of them excessively more complicated and convoluted than the first one ever was.
PM
^
Stollercon
 Posted: May 26 2015, 01:37 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 33

Part of me wonders if it will lay the ground for a possible crossover, or at the very least a tribute to G1. Then again, it may be confusing to people who are unfamiliar with that generation.

--------------------
"This truly is The Toa's Hideout 4."

"All will be well."
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

duoTEK skinned by Nephos of the ZBSZ. Converted to Jcink by Meraceire