Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Mask of Destiny 

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How(if at all) do you think 2015 will parallel?
Onua
 Posted: Apr 9 2015, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

The Admin-Work Rainbow

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 7

Snake Champion!

Well, sicknasty. I get to post the first topic in this forum and be the seventh member.

So, do you think BIONICLE 2015 will parallel to the original (like Star Trek did), or do you think it will be completely new?

--------------------
QUOTE (Takal @ 12-8/16, 3:58 P.M.)
That's the thing about opinions, Onua.  Everyone else keeps having stupid ones.

QUOTE (Onua)
Excuse me while I vomit in a bucket.

QUOTE (Takal @ 12-13/16)
[X]enophobia's not just a hobby, it's a way of life.
PM
^
Ta Komua 2
 Posted: Apr 24 2015, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

So far, we're seeing a parallel in names and the island shape. Perhaps we'll also see a parallel with Makuta being a primary villain, if he comes out of his coma.

--------------------
I'm not sure what to put here yet.
PMMSN
^
MisterJulius
 Posted: May 22 2015, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

The Galidork

Member No.: 9

Space Invaders Champion!

Honestly, I don't think there will be that many parallels as a whole.
The various callbacks and whatnot for the first half of the first year were a nice nod to the older fans, but I think that, as the line progresses, it will start to feel more and more detached from our ideas of what Bionicle is.

That's not to say that it's a bad thing, though. Personally, I'm very much interested in seeing what directions they take the new line.
PMUsers Website
^
Silent Shills
 Posted: May 22 2015, 11:06 PM
Quote Post

Agent of FUNPOST

Member No.: 10

Asteroids Champion!
Breakout Champion!

I think they'll most likely be a few wink wink nudge moments and references to the original. Not much other than that sadly but hey I like reboots.
PMUsers Website
^
Xinlo
 Posted: May 22 2015, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

The Guy in Charge of the Stuff

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Moon Lander Champion!

I'm still hoping for a tunnel between dimensions or something... but I'm not sure lego wants to take it back in the sci-fi direction again so that's doubtful. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Silent Shills
 Posted: May 22 2015, 11:48 PM
Quote Post

Agent of FUNPOST

Member No.: 10

Asteroids Champion!
Breakout Champion!

QUOTE (Xinlo @ May 22 2015, 11:12 PM)
I'm still hoping for a tunnel between dimensions or something... but I'm not sure lego wants to take it back in the sci-fi direction again so that's doubtful. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Could be like a theory for The Rebuild series. The theory is that the rebuild is actually a continuation in the sense the universe restarted itself after third impact. Could Bionicle gen2 be like that? Doubt it, but I'd love that so much.
PMUsers Website
^
Heat
 Posted: May 23 2015, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

just an irrationality

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Xinlo @ May 23 2015, 05:12 AM)

God, I hope not. I haven't been following the reboot's story at all, but it can only benefit from not being linked to Gen1.

--------------------
QUOTE (Steph @ Jun 29 2015, 03:48 AM)
I ####### hate U2, specifically the Edge.  ####-munching loser has the gall to rig his guitar up to so many delay/echo effects pedals that he strums a chord once and it just keeps repeating, and then tries to say that he's "filling in the notes that aren't there."  You know how you fill in the notes that aren't there, asswipe?  YOU hugginG LEARN TO PLAY YOUR DAMN INSTRUMENT AND YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THEM.  #### you, you goddamn puss-guzzling poseur; #### your piss-poor musicianship and your denigration of an art form.  Get ######, the Edge. 

Also you have the douchiest stage name in all of recorded history, you choadely wanker.

Dorek -- I for one welcome our new Heat overlord

[2014-09-22 18: 17:53] The Influence: Would it  sound '50s to say I suspect my mother is a communist?

[2014-01-11 23:58:08] Nif: *tips fedora but the fedora keeps tipping, sending my whole body into a spin that is ever increasing in velocity, eventually I fly off into space never to be seen or heard from again*
PMUsers Website
^
Walter44
 Posted: May 23 2015, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8

Well, the Skull Spiders were already kind of like self-moving Krana, so there's a direct parallel to the Bohrok-arc in Gen 1.

The summer wave will probably resemble the Bohrok-Kal arc in some way. It looks like the Skulls will steal the Toa's Golden Masks, therefore cutting off or at least severely weakening their elemental powers, similar to how the Bohrok-Kal stole the Nuva symbols and disabled the Toa Nuva's elemental powers.

Speaking of the Nuva, I'm pretty sure the Toa will have some kind of transformation or upgrade at some point. The reason's pretty simple: Toys. Lego's primary interest is selling toys and they need to either upgrade the Toa or introduce new Toa so they can release new toys.

But yeah, that's pretty much all I can say so far.
PM
^
farmstink buttlass
 Posted: May 24 2015, 02:03 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16

I think it is unlikely that they will parallel the old story any more than they already have. Certainly they won't link back to it. It's probably for the best that they do that, though, it'd be a waste to see it come back after so long only to do the same old things.

I will admit I'm still kind of hoping that rebooted Piraka will show up at some point, though. I...like Skakdi, and they could make for some interesting campy enemies.
PM
^
fishers64
 Posted: May 24 2015, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 13

I think they will parallel it, not intersect. Like next year, maybe they will have some G2 Bohrok, and then the MoUP will come up with some G2 Rahkshi.

And then there will be the Mask of Anti-Ultimate Power which will divide the MoUP back into its corresponding element masks. And when it does that there will be a big explosion because they didn't do that in Gen 1. And then some characters die in the explosion and get revived for some reason.

And there you go.
PM
^
AZBlue
 Posted: May 25 2015, 03:58 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (fishers64 @ May 24 2015, 09:24 PM)
I think they will parallel it, not intersect. Like next year, maybe they will have some G2 Bohrok, and then the MoUP will come up with some G2 Rahkshi.

And then there will be the Mask of Anti-Ultimate Power which will divide the MoUP back into its corresponding element masks. And when it does that there will be a big explosion because they didn't do that in Gen 1. And then some characters die in the explosion and get revived for some reason.

And there you go.

You are a genius fishers64. I'd be surprised if that's not what they do.

I myself don't think that they will parallel it more than the examples we already have seen, in the little nods to the old fans.

--------------------
I'm the author of the Bionicle Legacies
A Gen 1 alternate future fanfic.
PM
^
Stollercon
 Posted: May 26 2015, 02:30 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Xinlo @ May 22 2015, 11:12 PM)

^ This, but what MisterJulius said is probably what will happen. :/

QUOTE (MisterJulius @ May 22 2015, 06:26 PM)
Personally, I'm very much interested in seeing what directions they take the new line.

Same, I suppose. As long as the story is engaging.

QUOTE (Walter44 @ May 23 2015, 12:27 PM)
Well, the Skull Spiders were already kind of like self-moving Krana, so there's a direct parallel to the Bohrok-arc in Gen 1.

The summer wave will probably resemble the Bohrok-Kal arc in some way. It looks like the Skulls will steal the Toa's Golden Masks, therefore cutting off or at least severely weakening their elemental powers, similar to how the Bohrok-Kal stole the Nuva symbols and disabled the Toa Nuva's elemental powers.

Speaking of the Nuva, I'm pretty sure the Toa will have some kind of transformation or upgrade at some point. The reason's pretty simple: Toys. Lego's primary interest is selling toys and they need to either upgrade the Toa or introduce new Toa so they can release new toys.

But yeah, that's pretty much all I can say so far.

Hmm, never thought of that! Well said!

--------------------
"This truly is The Toa's Hideout 4."

"All will be well."
PMEmail Poster
^
Pranciblad
 Posted: May 26 2015, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 31

Tetris Champion!

I wouldn't be totally averse to stuff from G1 showing up, but I'd want to have the new universe developed a little bit before they start cribbing notes from previous years though. And I'd vastly prefer if nothing was taken too closely to how it happened before.
PM
^
Heat
 Posted: May 27 2015, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

just an irrationality

Member No.: 4

^agreed, there's no point in a reboot if it just ends up being a repeat of the original with some characters renamed.

--------------------
QUOTE (Steph @ Jun 29 2015, 03:48 AM)
I ####### hate U2, specifically the Edge.  ####-munching loser has the gall to rig his guitar up to so many delay/echo effects pedals that he strums a chord once and it just keeps repeating, and then tries to say that he's "filling in the notes that aren't there."  You know how you fill in the notes that aren't there, asswipe?  YOU hugginG LEARN TO PLAY YOUR DAMN INSTRUMENT AND YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THEM.  #### you, you goddamn puss-guzzling poseur; #### your piss-poor musicianship and your denigration of an art form.  Get ######, the Edge. 

Also you have the douchiest stage name in all of recorded history, you choadely wanker.

Dorek -- I for one welcome our new Heat overlord

[2014-09-22 18: 17:53] The Influence: Would it  sound '50s to say I suspect my mother is a communist?

[2014-01-11 23:58:08] Nif: *tips fedora but the fedora keeps tipping, sending my whole body into a spin that is ever increasing in velocity, eventually I fly off into space never to be seen or heard from again*
PMUsers Website
^
Stollercon
 Posted: May 28 2015, 01:39 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Pranciblad @ May 26 2015, 09:13 AM)
I wouldn't be totally averse to stuff from G1 showing up, but I'd want to have the new universe developed a little bit before they start cribbing notes from previous years though. And I'd vastly prefer if nothing was taken too closely to how it happened before.

^agreed, there's no point in a reboot if it just ends up being a repeat of the original with some characters renamed.

Well, yes, that makes total sense. A new story means new direction. Still, a nod here and there would be nice. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/shrugs.gif

--------------------
"This truly is The Toa's Hideout 4."

"All will be well."
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

duoTEK skinned by Nephos of the ZBSZ. Converted to Jcink by Meraceire