Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Mask of Destiny 

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dinosaurs
Cow Jazz
 Posted: May 25 2015, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE (fishers64 @ May 25 2015, 03:51 PM)
If I wasn't super super gay, I would totally be in love with Chris Pratt.

I don't know how to interpret this statement. You're trans girl, so you like girls? (Am I remembering that right?)

If ya do, gay is not the word I would use. :???:

Yeah, I'm a trans girl who likes girls.

Considering trans women are still women, and a woman who likes women is considered gay, I don't see any contradiction with describing myself as gay. A girl who likes girls certainly isn't straight, is she?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kitania
 Posted: May 25 2015, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

The Best Princess

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

I'll admit I know very little about dinosaurs and the like, though I'll straight up say that when I learned they were actually feathered and held a much closer relationship to birds than I initially thought, it was actually really cool. It'd be wonderful to see more accurate depictions of them if only so an uneducated person like me can actually appreciate the actual animal and see what it -could- have looked like/acted like instead of going with what is absolutely debunked and not true, which is like "I... wanna be like 'dinosaurs here are cool' but after reading so many posts and stuff I'm now aware that's not what those are :c"

Like, I wanna see Jurassic World just because of Chris Pratt, but at the same time I'd still need to remind myself that they're more akin to Hollywood monsters than anything that -actually- existed and, in a way, that detracts a lot from the film.

(but tbh i love Chris Pratt i would marry him)
PM
^
fishers64
 Posted: May 25 2015, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Cow Jazz @ May 25 2015, 01:58 PM)

I don't know how to interpret this statement. You're trans girl, so you like girls? (Am I remembering that right?)

Considering trans women are still women, and a woman who likes women is considered gay, I don't see any contradiction with describing myself as gay. A girl who likes girls certainly isn't straight, is she?

Usually I see them described as lesbians, but IDK. I don't have a problem, just making sure I understand what you mean.
PM
^
Cow Jazz
 Posted: May 25 2015, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (fishers64 @ May 25 2015, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Cow Jazz @ May 25 2015, 01:58 PM)

Usually I see them described as lesbians, but IDK. I don't have a problem, just making sure I understand what you mean.

Oh, okay, that's what you meant. (I hope.) I guess it would have been clearer for me to say lesbian than gay.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Steph
 Posted: May 25 2015, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

something you think describes me

Member No.: 30

Jess has there been any research into lesbian dinosaurs because I have a hard time identifying with dinos otherwise im sorry to say

--------------------
I wasn't born so much as I fell out
PMUsers Website
^
Cow Jazz
 Posted: May 25 2015, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Steph @ May 25 2015, 05:17 PM)
Jess has there been any research into lesbian dinosaurs because I have a hard time identifying with dinos otherwise im sorry to say

Homosexual activity has been observed in all kinds of birds (not to mention animals in general), so there's a high chance of gay dinos.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Steph
 Posted: May 25 2015, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

something you think describes me

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (Cow Jazz @ May 25 2015, 06:25 PM)

Homosexual activity has been observed in all kinds of birds (not to mention animals in general), so there's a high chance of gay dinos.

in my yuri dōujinshi, avaceratops and hadrosaur make out

--------------------
I wasn't born so much as I fell out
PMUsers Website
^
Takal
 Posted: Sep 4 2015, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Space Conquistador

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Pacman Champion!

Cow Jazz, how would you feel if I told you that my mother had bought a dinosaur book for my cousin's son, published this year, that on one page acknowledges feathered dinosaurs but ONLY on that page depicts them as such?

--------------------
Mark my words, one day I will have a sig.
PM
^
ZippyWharrgarbl
 Posted: Sep 4 2015, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Memer

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Steph @ May 26 2015, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (Cow Jazz @ May 25 2015, 06:25 PM)

in my yuri dōujinshi, avaceratops and hadrosaur make out

GOOD NEWS: There is actually, in existence, a dinosaur yuri. It is called "The Young Maiden in Love is a Carnivore" but it is only a oneshot. I have never been more disappointed. It's still really good though.

ALSO: Excuse you people but clearly B.D. Wong was the best part of Jurassic World. At first I was bothered by them getting him to spew all this incorrect genetics ("whoops we must have accidentally added in a whole other gene while selecting for, isolating, and inspecting cells for expression of a certain gene!!!") but then I realised his character was probably like "Ugh I hate having to make these dumb inaccurate dinosaurs. I'm gonna passive-aggressively slap in all these other genes to a dinosaur they wanted to be the ultimate death machine and I'll just say it was an accident. None of these people know how genetics work so they'll believe me."

Also appreciated his speech on "You can't blame the scientists for doing what you were giving them funding to do". It's something a lot of movies don't realise- seriously, the "WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE???" trope is garbage.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

duoTEK skinned by Nephos of the ZBSZ. Converted to Jcink by Meraceire