Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> coolest collection pieces
Serein
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 01:11 AM
Quote Post

dirty catgirl

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I know with all the music nerds we've got here, some of you have got some pretty awesome items in your collections. post 'em here for the world to see.

apologies for the bad quality of some of these, they're quite old pictures:

Beastmilk - 2013 Black Friday exclusive Climax candy-red 12" and Use Your Deluge clear 7" vinyl:
(1) - (2)

Blind Guardian - original Somewhere Far Beyond, Imaginations from the Other Side, and Nightfall in Middle-Earth Japanese pressings:
(1)

Chimaira - Crown of Phantoms fan edition with my name (Amelia Ryuujin, not real last name obvs) in the thank-yous:
(1) - (2) - (3)

The Gazette - Dim Japanese limited edition with artbook and holographic cover:
(1) -(2) - (3) - (4) - (5)

Hoth - Oathbrealer limited edition cassette:
(1) - (2)

Katatonia - Kocytean (Record Store Day 2014 exclusive B-sides compilation on translucent orange 12" vinyl, limited to 2000 copies):
(1) - (2) - (3) - (4)

Machinae Supremacy - Redeemer Underground Edition (rare, out-of-print, limited edition self-released version of their second album):
(1)

Megadeth - Greatest Hits: Back to the Start CD signed by Dave Mustaine:
(1)

Opeth - The Candlelight Years box set Japanese edition (I found this brand-new at an American FYE among a bunch of regular US pressings):
(1) - (2)

--------------------
[ signature is a work-in-progress ]
PMUsers Website
^
Xinlo
 Posted: Nov 8 2016, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

The Guy in Charge of the Stuff

Member No.: 2

Moon Lander Champion!

alright here's what I got:

Rush - Hemispheres (Canadian exclusive red vinyl, original pressing)

Rush - The Garden (Record Store Day exclusive 10-inch single picture disc) [Back]

Coheed & Cambria - The Afterman (Limited edition silver/gold 2LP box set w/story book) [Inside]

Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! (Original 1985 pressing with original uncensored tracklist)

Transatlantic - Kaleidoscope (Special edition green vinyl 3LP box set) [Inside]

Lobate Scarp - Time And Space (Limited edition, independently-released digibook)

Haken - The Mountain (Limited Edition cassette w/ bonus tracks) [Inside]

Woods Of Ypres - Woods V: Grey Skies & Electric Light (Limited-to-1000 edition clear vinyl w/ bonus 7-inch alternate mixes)

Yes - The Ladder (Limited-to-10,000 2LP edition)

NOT PICTURED: Machinae Supremacy - Redeemer (Underground Edition, signed CD). No picture because while I do own it I've still not yet seen it in person

I have a bunch of other coloured/picture vinyl and some other cool things I'm stoked to own but those aren't necessarily uncommon so I didn't include them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Malchior
 Posted: Nov 9 2016, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Opheliac

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 22

I've got a bunch, but for now I'll just show off what is the crown jewel of my collection. This thing right here.

What is it? It's a very pretty box. Housed within this very pretty box, is the limited edition of the 2005 album マブタノウラ [Mabuta no Ura] by Boris. Or to give it its full title, Sound Track From Film "Mabuta no Ura". If you've never heard of this film, it is not because you're unfamiliar with Japanese cinema, but because no such film exists. The title is a reference to the concept of the album, with the idea being for the band to create a soundtrack to a film they imagined in their heads. The title of the album translates to "Under the Eyelids".

When I say 'limited edition', I mean limited to 199 hand-numbered copies. So I'm pretty happy with owning one them, mine being number 128.

Within the box, there's a bunch of dried white flowers, a set of photocards, some art prints, and of course the album itself. [1] [2] [3] [4]

--------------------
PM
^
Onua
 Posted: Nov 10 2016, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

The Admin-Work Rainbow

Member No.: 7

Snake Champion!

@Scythey: How much did those Blind Guardian ones cost!? I've seen those records get really costly, and I know that, even just 5-6 years after, At the Edge of Time is worth over 400 USD used, and I can't imagine their classics going for anything that much less.

QUOTE (Xin)
Coheed & Cambria - The Afterman (Limited edition silver/gold  2LP box set w/story book) [Inside]

I am incredibly jealous of you right now.

And, sadly, I've yet to start a collection myself. I want to, but between buying sets for G2 for collections and resale, and the fact that, poor jobless high schooler that I am it's hard to justify to $10+ difference between buying the CD and the Vinyl, I've yet to start one. My dad has plenty, at least some of which (particularly the Billy Joel and classical albums) I'm hoping to get from him when I leave home, but, those are my dad's still, not mine.

My CD collection isn't that much greater honestly, so, I'll just keep gawking at your collections and wait till I start a beautiful one of my own ...

However, I am currently lusting after this beauty. Now I just need to get 150 dollars. I'm also considering the far cheaper German green 2-LP edition, but obviously given the chance to get that I would choose vinyl + CD rather than just vinyl.

EDIT: Now, hours later, it's gone. RIP.

Speaking of wooden boxed things, are those fragile? Do they hold up fairly well in storage?

--------------------
QUOTE (Takal @ 12-8/16, 3:58 P.M.)
That's the thing about opinions, Onua.  Everyone else keeps having stupid ones.

QUOTE (Onua)
Excuse me while I vomit in a bucket.

QUOTE (Takal @ 12-13/16)
[X]enophobia's not just a hobby, it's a way of life.
PM
^
Serein
 Posted: Nov 10 2016, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

dirty catgirl

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Onua @ Nov 10 2016, 08:27 AM)
@Scythey: How much did those Blind Guardian ones cost!?  I've seen those records get really costly, and I know that, even just 5-6 years after, At the Edge of Time is worth over 400 USD used, and I can't imagine their classics going for anything that much less.

I got the whole lot for a grand total of $25

no idea where you're seeing At the Edge of Time for over $400, I got it for like $12 at FYE in the mall last year lmao

edit: these are CDs not vinyl fyi

--------------------
[ signature is a work-in-progress ]
PMUsers Website
^
Onua
 Posted: Nov 10 2016, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

The Admin-Work Rainbow

Member No.: 7

Snake Champion!

Oh! That makes much more sense! I've seen the vinyl here for 400 bucks. But yeah, if they're just CDs, that explains it. Silly me.

LOL, should have looked at all the pictures.

--------------------
QUOTE (Takal @ 12-8/16, 3:58 P.M.)
That's the thing about opinions, Onua.  Everyone else keeps having stupid ones.

QUOTE (Onua)
Excuse me while I vomit in a bucket.

QUOTE (Takal @ 12-13/16)
[X]enophobia's not just a hobby, it's a way of life.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

duoTEK skinned by Nephos of the ZBSZ. Converted to Jcink by Meraceire