Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> E3 2015
 Posted: Jun 18 2015, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Space Conquistador

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Pacman Champion!

Anyone else been keeping up with it? This has been the first year I've actually watched the press conferences in full and I think Bethesda's opener may have set my expectations a little too high. Granted most of the individual showcases were presented well but the insincerity of the main speakers in all the others (bar Nintendo who were pretty much as humourous and disconnected from reality as I was expected. Never sure whether I'm laughing (figuratively) at them or with them...) was really glaring.

Though now the last generation has been well and truly left behind I do see a unified move towards greater complexity and better visuals - I finally feel like the current generation of consoles are justified, and not just touched-up versions of what the last generation had to offer. Plus that Microsoft hololens demonstration was incredible - I'd like to see someone hybridise that with Fallout 4's collector edition pip-boy gimmick and one of the hands-free or laser-pointed controllers and make a full game in a virtual reality overlay.

In terms of the games themselves, totally sold on Fallout 4 (as if I wasn't already), DOOM looks like exactly the kind of thing you could get a group of friends together on every so often to do hours and hours of custom games a la Halo 3, For Honour seems to do all the stuff I love about Dark Souls PvP (and to a lesser extent Monster Hunter which doesn't have such but does have the same tactical hack-and-slash thing going for it. The term Tac-and-Slash will never catch on but I'm going to keep trying) without just being the usual swing-sword-from-side-to-side fare of western fantasy RPGs or the button bash of most JRPGs. I'm interested to see what format Horizon: Zero Dawn takes as it could potentially become a favourite franchise as it seems to deliver on the aspects of Monster Hunter Dark Souls does not (locational damage, environmental use, support tactics rather than pure offence/defence and enemies that physically react to being struck in the legs or trapped). Naturally you don't need to say much more than "Dark Souls 3" to get me interested in that, and having the old project lead back is a huge bonus. Did I miss anything?

Edit: Yes I did. I missed Battlefront. How could I?

Mark my words, one day I will have a sig.
 Posted: Jun 22 2015, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

I really liked what I saw this year. I'm definitely anticipating Fallout 4, as well as No Man's Sky.

"This truly is The Toa's Hideout 4."

"All will be well."
PMEmail Poster
 Posted: Jun 23 2015, 09:39 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Memer

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 41

All I've heard about it is stuff people have told me. I remember there was a big hype about Fallout 4 because it seemed to give you the option of a same-gender family that is killed moments later, but apparently nah. Kind of disappointing I guess, in a game that is all about customising your character and giving them their own story, but they're destroyed a couple minutes later so you don't even really care. Your creepy baby- apparently coded to look like your character- is nuked. I haven't heard much about the game aside from that and craftable weapons, but I'm a big fan of the Fallout series so I'll probably buy it at some point.

The Fallout iPad game is fun but it crashes/fails to run on mine. Apparently it was one of the things announced at E3?

Nintendo had some cool stuff announced. What I'm most pumped about is Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam. Both the series involved in the crossover (Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario) have great characterisation and story in most of their games, so putting them together sounds awesome! Also there's TWICE THE BOWSER. And no Paper Luigi involved, apparently, which is kind of typical for a Mario and Luigi game (the series loves to make jokes at Luigi's expense) so it's pretty funny.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

duoTEK skinned by Nephos of the ZBSZ. Converted to Jcink by Meraceire